We are very excited to announce the launch of a new era for our company and a new era for performance pool cue shafts. Since 2005, the design and performance of the OB Shafts have remained mostly unchanged….until now.
Introducing OB Plus Shafts:
- The original laminated SR6 construction that we have used for the last 9 years has now been changed to a solid maple SR6+ construction.
- All new OB Plus Shafts will come with a lifetime warranty against warpage!
- The tip end mass in the new shafts has been reduced by an average of 13%. Less tip end mass is the primary key to less cueball deflection. You reduce the tip end mass and you reduce cueball deflection.
- The carbon fiber pad and ferrule have been redesigned for improved strength and performance. The pad on the Classic+ and Pro+ shafts is now recessed into the top of the ferrule. The ferrule material on the Classic+ and Pro+ shafts is now linen melamine which is even stronger than before.
- The maple that we are using on all of the new shafts is a higher grade that looks better and feels smoother.
In summary, our new shafts are built stronger, have a lifetime warpage warranty, play better, look better, feel better and are still 100% made in the USA! The new OB Plus shafts are replacing our current OB shafts and are available to order now and will start shipping next week on June 27th. You can order online directly from OB or you can contact your nearest dealer for availability and pricing. OB is headquartered in Plano, Texas and is a leading manufacturer of high performance pool cues and pool cue shafts made 100% in the USA since 2005. For more information on OB Cues or OB shafts or to become an authorized dealer, please visit www.obcues.com