2015 PartyPoker Mosconi Cup
Tickets on sale from Thursday 26th March
FOLLOWING A SELL-OUT event last year, tickets for the 2015 PartyPoker Mosconi Cup will be on sale from Thursday 26th March. Taking place from Monday December 7 to Thursday December 10, the Europe v USA showdown is hosted for the first time at The New Tropicana Las Vegas.
The defending champions are Team Europe who won their fifth consecutive title in Blackpool, England in December 2014. Now making its seventh appearance in Las Vegas, the Mosconi Cup is pool’s biggest brand and it features two five-man teams competing in a series of singles and doubles matches over the four days.
Last year, the Mosconi Cup sold out all 4,000 tickets within days of going on sale and Matchroom Sport chairman Barry Hearn believes that fans will have to move fast to snap up the tickets;
“Since the Mosconi Cup ended on December 4th, we’ve had a never-ending stream of enquiries as to when tickets would be available for MC XXII and now that day has arrived.
“The Americans badly need a win following the Europeans’ success over the past five years and one thing that will surely lift the team will be huge support at The New Tropicana Las Vegas.
“One of the constant factors in Europe’s run of victories has been the passionate backing of their fans and it’s now the American fans time to show their steel.
“That said, there will be plane loads of Euro fans making the trip in December and I’m pretty sure this year will see the Mosconi Cup attendance record smashed!”
There is a single session on each day’s play and tickets are priced at $43.45 per session plus commission. The popular season tickets covering all four sessions are available for $154 plus commission. All prices include LET.
Tickets are available exclusively from The New Tropicana Las Vegas’ website.
The 2015 PARTYPOKER MOSCONI CUP is sponsored by PartyPoker, the world’s leading online poker site. The Official Table of the Mosconi Cup is supplied by Diamond Billiards, the cloth is supplied by Iwan Simonis and the Official Balls are Super Aramith by Saluc.
Luke Riches, Matchroom Sport: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes: Matchroom Sport are one of the world’s leading producers of televised sport and are responsible for over 1,000 hours of original programming across a range of sports. Based in the UK and chaired by charismatic founder Barry Hearn, the Mosconi Cup is one of a stable of pool events that include the World Cup of Pool and the World Pool Masters.
Ten Facts about the Mosconi Cup
- Played out annually each December, the MC debuted in 1994.
- Despite recent dominance, the Europeans still trail the USA overall by 9-11.
- Since the early 2000’s, the event is played on an annual home-and-away basis.
- There are a maximum 21 matches during the Mosconi Cup. The first team to reach 11 carries off the famous trophy.
- With a potential of 20 hours broadcast time, every shot of every rack is shown live.
- The name of the game in 9 ball, whereby the player who pockets the final ball wins the rack.
- Over the 21 years of the event, 72 different players have taken part. 38 have represented the USA and 34 have played for Europe.
- To date the MC has taken place in ten different venues; the Tropicana will be the 11th.
- Both sides are made up of the very best players from both continents with three from the annual rankings and two captain’s wildcards.
- The event is named after the legendary Willie Mosconi, arguably the greatest of them all.