After six stops and the Grand finale event, season one of the Atlantic 9 Ball Tour is now complete! For our inaugural season, the Atlantic 9 Ball Tour averaged an astonishing 72 players per event!
During the weekend of 20-23 May, 73 of the Atlantic Canada’s best 9 ball players competed for over $12,500 in added money. I believe this might be the best event in Canada at the moment!
Here are the results from this exciting weekend of 9 Ball!
- The $500 added early bird single knock out event was a race to 6 and it had $1615 in total prize money.
- The $10,000 added double knockout main event was a race to 9 on both sides. The final eight players raced to 11. This tournament was a true double elimination event which meant the winner of the B side had to beat the winner of the A side in 2 races to 11. Jeff Kennedy did just that and was able to defeat Tom Theriault twice for the victory in the final. This event had $14,200 in total prize money.
1st place -Jeff Kennedy $3500
2nd place – Tom Theriault $2500
3rd place – Rick Leon $1500
4th place – Brian White $1000
5th/6th place – Dwayne Thompson/Bruce Lilly $700 each
7th/8th place – Frank Albert/Colin MacDonald $500 each
9th/12th place – Rocky Johnson/Christian Coffey/Robert Williams/Richard Young $350 each
13th/16th place – Jeff Saulnier/Pat Briand/Mike Henderson/Terry Gulliver $250 each
The top finishing female prize of $100 was shared by Janet Ritcey and Jennifer Potter.
The top finishing B player prize of $250 went to Dwayne Thompson and $150 went to Robert Williams.
The top finishing C player prize of $250 went to Dan Buchanan and $150 went to Leo Sanchez.
The Pro Shop Pechauer cue giveaway was won by Micheal Dunn.
- The $1000 added double knockout ladies event was a race to 7. This tournament was a true double elimination event which meant the winner of the B side had to beat the winner of the A side in 2 races to 7. Janet Ritcey did just that and was able to defeat Leigh Ann Giles twice for the victory in the final. This event had $1400 in total prize money.
1st place – Janet Ritcey $500
2nd place – Leigh Ann Giles $300
3rd place – Sue Weber $225
4th place – Jennifer Potter $125
5th/6th place – Christa Cormier/Monette McCue $75 each
7th/8th place – Alex Carr/Katt Evans $50 each
- The $1000 added double knockout second chance tournament was a race to 7. This tournament was a true double elimination event which meant the winner of the B side had to beat the winner of the A side in 2 races to 7. Ashley Nowlan did just that and was able to defeat Mike Henderson twice for the victory in the final. This event had $1900 in total prize money.
1st place – Ashley Nowlan $650
2nd place – Mike Henderson $450
3rd place – Brad Doyle $300
4th place – Chris Dempsey $200
5th/6th place – Dana Murphy/Stephan Doiron $100 each
7th/8th place – Justin D’Eon/Randy Demont $50 each
- The Calcutta event had over $12,900 in total prizes paying 1st-$4670, 2nd-$3500, 3rd-$2340, 4th-$1170.
- The “Last Man Standing” event had 14 players and $1100 in total prize money.
Tom Theriault ($100)
Dave Boone ($100)
Jeff Kennedy ($100)
TJ Martin ($100)
Chris Dempsey ($100)
Bruce Lilly ($100)
Kyle Richard ($100)
Ashley Nowlan ($100)
Buddy Young ($40)
Terry Gulliver ($40)
Doug Brown ($60)
Justin D’Eon ($40)
John Snyder ($20)
Brian White ($100)
Richard Young won $20 vs Justin D’Eon.
Jeff Kennedy won $50 vs TJ Martin.
Richard Young won $20 vs Kyle Richard.
Jeff Kennedy won $50 vs Chris Dempsey.
Jeff Kennedy won $50 vs Richard Young.
John Snyder won $10 vs Ashley Nowlan.
Dave Boone won $30 vs Doug Brown.
Bruce Lilly won $50 vs Brian White.
Jeff Kennedy won $50 vs Bruce Lilly.
Jeff Kennedy won $50 vs Tom Theriault.
Jeff Kennedy won an amazing total of $250 and was also the “Last Man Standing” receiving the entire remainder of the pot worth $670!
Special thanks to the event host and sponsor, Almon Billiards (owner Mr. Dick Barker and his staff) as well as all of the other sponsors: The Billiard Shop, Bargain Auto Parts, MPR Painting and Decor, MPR Construction, Dulux Paints, Onyx Property Management, Willman’s, Ultimate Roofing Systems, O’Brian’s Mobile Wash, Dexel, Paramount Management, Butler’s Scaffolding, A. Gannon Painting and Décor, Kyle Richard-PBIA Instructor and Shauna Boyle of Remax realty.
If you have any questions or are interested in becoming a Tour sponsor please contact Mr. TJ Martin at 1-902-402-7954 or myself at 1-506-440-5590.
A huge thank you goes out to all of the players and fans that supported the first season of the Atlantic 9 Ball Tour! There will be many more great things to come with this tour!
Please visit the Atlantic 9 Ball Facebook page for details of upcoming events.