After six stops, season one of the Atlantic 9 Ball Tour is now almost complete! For our first season, the Atlantic 9 Ball Tour averaged an astonishing 72 players per event!
This weekend the Atlantic Provinces best 9 ball players will compete from 20-23 May for over $12,500 in added money. This weekend there are a total of 85 players who have qualified (by playing 3 of 6 events) to play in the grand finale. Steve Cooper will be the tournament director for this amazing event! I believe this might be the best event in Canada at the moment!
Here is an explanation of how the action will take place!
- There will be a $500 added early bird event on Friday night starting at 7 pm. The format will be single knock out, race to 9 with the same rules as the main event. Entry fees are $40 for an “A” player, $30 for a “B” player and $20 for a “C” player.
- There will be a $10,000 added main event double knockout event with a race to 9 on both sides. The final sixteen players will race to 11 and the finals will be a true double elimination race to 11 as well. Magic racks are mandatory and there is also a soft break rule. This rule is 2 balls must either be pocketed or go past the headstrong or a combination of these two.
Entry fees are staggered at $100 for an “A” player, $80 for a “B” player, $60 for a “C” player.
The main event will begin on Saturday morning at 10 am and it will finish on Monday evening.
He has also chosen to pay the top “B” player $400, the top “C” player $400 and the top female player a $100 bonus at the end of the main event.
The Pro Shop will be giving away a Pechauer cue, a jump cue and a case combo.
The Pro Shop will also be giving away another jump cue and some gift cards as well.
- There will be a $1000 added ladies event for the 11 qualified ladies which will start on Sunday at 2 pm. The format will be race to 9 with the same rules as the main event.
- There will be a $1000 second chance tournament held on Sunday at 4 pm. The format will be a double knock out race to 9 with the same rules as the main event. Entry fees are $40 for an “A” player, $30 for a “B” player and $20 for a “C” player.
- There will be a Calcutta paying 1st-4th.
- There will be a “Last Man Standing” Event and here is how it works:
A person has 5 options to participate in the “Last Man Standing” Event. He or she can pay $20, $40, $60, $80 or $100 to enter.
If you decide to pay $60 for example and lose your first match $30 of this money goes to the final pot for the “Last Man Standing”. If you win this first match you just continue on.
Once you meet up with another player who has entered, the winner of this match will get up to 1/2 of their money back as soon as that match is over. Here are a few scenarios:
A $20 player beats a $20, $40, $60, $80 or $100 player they get $10.
A $40 player beats a $40, $60, $80 or $100 player they get $20.
A $60 player beats a $60, $80 or $100 player they get $30.
An $80 player beats an $80 or $100 player they get $40.
A $100 player beats another $100 player they get $50.
If a higher paid player beats a lower paid player they get 1/2 of that player’s money. As an example a $100 player beats a $20 player they get $10 and so on.
Once the “Last Man Standing” has been determined the money remaining in the pot is given out according to the player’s entry. For example if a $100 player is the “Last Man Standing” he or she gets all of the money left in the pot because their percentage is 100 %. If a $20 player is the “Last Man Standing” they get 20% of the pot and if the next person is a $100 player or an $80 player they get the rest. Another example would be if a $60 player is the “Last Man Standing” they would get 60% of the pot and if the next person was a $20 player they would get 20% and the other 20% would go to the next player in line.
This is a fabulous format to generate excitement, interest and a little extra incentive to win!
Special thanks to the event host and sponsor, Almon Billiards (owner Mr. Dick Barker and his staff) as well as all of the other sponsors: The Billiard Shop, Bargain Auto Parts, MPR Painting and Decor, MPR Construction, Dulux Paints, Onyx Property Management, Willman’s, Ultimate Roofing Systems, O’Brian’s Mobile Wash, Dexel, Paramount Management, Butler’s Scaffolding and A. Gannon Painting and Décor.
Please visit the Atlantic 9 Ball Facebook page for further details and I look forward to seeing everyone over the weekend! The livestream area will have 2 cameras in operation and you can view both tables.
If you have any questions please contact Mr. TJ Martin at 1-902-402-7954 or myself at 1-506-440-5590.
Thanks to all the players and fans that have supported the first 6 events and the first season of the Atlantic 9 Ball Tour!
Stay tuned for the results of the finale and for the announcement on the next season!